Acid reflux isn’t a disease you catch, like a cold. You develop it over time, conditioned by your life-style, diet regime and eating habits. That is why no pill can cure you, but only slightly take away the symptoms for a while, in turn making you an addict to them. Acid reflux or GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux condition) is a health condition that causes damage to the lining of the esophagus. The liquid content of the stomach travels back into the esophagus, which inevitably builds-up. Acid reflux is developed when the food in the stomach isn’t digested and broke down effectively by this liquid content (acid) and enzymes.
Amid the principle symptoms acid reflux disease, you can notice the following:
- Heartburn. This can be frequently described as a rather painful burning sensation inside the chest region and can go as far down because of the stomach and as far up as the neck
- Regurgitating food back from the gullet into the mouth
- Pain in the chest, either constant or a nasty stabbing discomfort
- Difficulty when swallowing both liquids and food
- Sore throat and hoarseness when trying to talk
- Asthma (This is normally due to the acid which is travelling exactly where it should, reaching the area around the lungs or throat)
- Erosion of the teeth and gums caused by the acid reaching the mouth
The symptoms of acid reflux disease can continue for many months and even longer, getting more and more painful because the time goes if it has not been treated in the right way.
The acid reflux remedies can be natural or commercial. The latter pertains to the conventional drugs or products that you can just take to address the symptoms. If you do not want to use them, you can choose the acid reflux home remedies. The good thing concerning the natural acid reflux remedies is they usually don’t have side effects.
Acid reflux is quite unpleasant and if you really don’t want to experience a lot of trouble, you should follow the best acid reflux remedies. Youngsters and older people get this condition but if you start using the acid reflux remedies, you will really feel far better.
Here’s some natural acid reflux remedies used from ancient times to stop the stomach and chest pain fast and without side-effects:
- Increase the quantity of water you drink daily. This can be useful for your overall health too. However, increasing your water consumption will help to dilute the acids in the stomach, thus minimizing the acid reflux symptoms. You should also try to drink a glass of water after you have eaten, possibly two.
- Ginger Root – Taking ginger root supplement on consistent basis will increase the production of saliva and digestive liquids. It relieves heartburn. It has antispasmodic imapct on stomach. It helps in smooth functioning of your digestive system. It decreases acidity re-fluxes and stops cramps in stomach.
- Could it be true, an apple per day keeps the doctor away? Maybe not, but eating an apple after a meal can surely keep your acid reflux symptoms at bay! Organically grown apples chewed slowly and well can minimize the acid in the stomach, hence eliminating the acid reflux.
- Fennel tea or chamomile tea have a soothing effect on the person drinking it and it’s been successfully connected to the relief of acid reflux discomfort. It’s important that you take your time drinking the tea, only sipping it.
- Almonds is another great method to eliminate the effects of acid reflux. Every morning, chew on a few almonds and after every meal. It is important that you chew them very well, the longer the better and you will soon begin to see relief inside your acid reflux symptoms.
- Peppermint oil is usually an easy remedy for reflux symptoms, only if you don’t get it on empty stomach. Since practically all bouts from heartburn start from a meal due to the foods taken in, therefore an important cup from peppermint tea right after having a meal is certainly an enjoyable, nonetheless soothing choice.
- Baking Soda – this one surprised even me with its effectiveness. Pretty amazing when you think about this, normal baking soda out of your kitchen area cabinet within a glass of water could be all you need to calm your acid reflux.
- Swedish bitter is a traditionally herbal tonic, a complex formula of 13 different detoxification Herbs. Bitter herbs have been used for digestive problems in Europe for thousands of years.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – this is so counter intuitive that few people actually understand why it works so well. Eating it often promotes normal production of acids and enzymes. Add the apple cider vinegar to a half a glass of water and drink it shortly before or after a meal.
- Milk – A glass full of milk can provide a fast relief. If acidity problem strikes you, just take a glass full of cold milk then drink it gradually. Milk works well for producing enzymes and waters down the acidity created in the stomach.
- Chewing gum, as you may know is great in assisting in the digestion of food. Nonetheless, do you realize that this also stimulates producing the saliva? This does the same thing as drinking water, it will dilute the stomach acids and limit the acid reflux symptoms.
The acid reflux remedies aren’t enough especially for patinets with worsening symptoms. It would be best if you make lifestyle changes. There are lots of things that you can do to stop acid reflux. You can begin by stopping your vices. In addition, you need to keep the ideal weight based in your weight and gender. You should wear loose clothings to prevent heartburn. Leisure can also be a good way to relieve stress. There are many ways to do it and while you are doing it, you should follow the acid reflux remedies. As soon as you’re diagnosed with this problem, you have to folow the best acid reflux remedies and change to a healthy lifestyle.
The acid reflux remedies will work if you also make lifestyle changes. In reality, the latter may be the greatest thing that you can do. You should avoid orange juice, lemon, tomato, uncooked onion, French fries, spicy meals, milk shake, ice cream, sour cream, mac and cheese, floor beef, marbled sirloin, salad dressings, chocolate, corn chips, potato chips, etc. You should stick to healthful foods like fresh fruits and veggetables.
As you notice, some fruits and veggetables are not great for acid reflux so you have to be very cautious. You don’t have to abruptly change your lifestyle because this might have a very terrible effect on your whole body system. Take it slowly and soon, you will benefit from the changes.
The remedies are really successful when carried out rigthly. This is your ticket to a heartburn-free life and you should be willing to invest time and effort in looking for acid reflux remedies.